Sunday, September 6, 2009

Podcast preparation

Over the weekend, learning about podcasts, I chose Langwiches blog and Practical Principals podcast. In the blog of Langwiches, teachers are sharing ideas from kindergarten all the wat to 5th and 6th grades. There was a 3rd grades class that was studying about the endangered species of Florida. This proved to me that you do not necessarily have to be in a particular place to gain knowledge. Other teachers that may have information about these animals can leave you a post to help you. I feel these podcasts can help teachers bring new ideas that they have learned from these podcasts to the classroom.
In the Practical Principals podcast, it was their twentieth show. The host was Scott Elias and the hostess was Melinda Miller. They both hold administrative offices. During these podcasts, they are trying to help teachers make a plan for the year: a schedule of professional development. What I keep thinking about from both of these is how a teacher can learn new ideas from someone half way across the world. I feel it would be very beneficial to a teacher to subscribe to several podcasts such as this one, so that he/she can keep up with helpful ways to manage and organize their classroom. Oh, I have to say how much I love the little red schoolhouse in the background!

1 comment: