Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Life of Autumn Wiggins

Hello class! I am going to tell you a little bit about myself. I have been married for ten years and have two little boys. My boy's ages are four and six. There is never a dull moment around our house! I have truly learned the meaning of "mom's taxi." My boys have art lessons, football practices and baseball practices, not to mention the everyday drive to and from school. We are constantly on the go.
I am a nontraditional student. If I can give any of you some advice, it would be to finish your degree before you start a family. Some days are harder than others, but it will be worth it in the end. I love my family very much, but there are days when I can't wait to get back to school.
I chose to attend South because of the convenience. I still have a drive, but it is a time for me to unwind and relax without any interruptions. I have thoroughly enjoyed attending school here. I transferred from Alabama Southern, which is a smaller community college in my hometown. Most of the classes here at South remind me of back home. I feel you get to know other students better, as well as the professors.
After attending school two days a week and running the taxi service the rest of the week, I hardly have time for myself. I do get in some shopping days every once in a while, which I enjoy. Most importantly, when the day is done and everybody is happy, I can sit back and know that my job for the day has been done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are a very busy woman. I give you props! I'm Dillon Rogers and i'm in your class. I don't have any kids of my own, but I have been a nanny for kids during the summer and I do know what the "taxi" driver thing feels like- and it can be very stressful. Anyways you sound like a very strong person and a motivated mommy, so I decided to follow your post if you don't mind. 4 and 6 are wild ages so I will pray for your sanity lol just kidding, but really I know how children that age are- into everything! Anyways, it's nice to meet you and I'll see you at class! :)

    ReplyDelete