Friday, August 21, 2009

Response to Karl Fisch Video

I am totally amazed at what I saw in the video! I cannot believe how so much has changed over the years. I do not consider myself that old, but boy, I sure do feel that way after watching Fisch's video. It seems as if other countries are so much more advanced than the United States. What has happened? As a future English teacher, I was shocked to read that China will soon be the number one English speaking country. This is absurb!
As a parent, I feel that I need to keep up with the newest technology. By the time they reach their teen years, there is no telling what we will be introduced to. The part in the video," the number of text messages during a day's time exceeds the amount of people on the planet," just blows me away! This could be a little scary how things are progressing so fast.
I feel like Mr. Wakes at times. I often wonder why I did not complete my degree fifteen years ago. Things would have been so much easier then. When I entered this class, I was scared to death! Hopefully, that will change by the end of the semester. I am an older student like Mr. Wakes, and I am use to the old pen and paper note taking.

1 comment:

  1. There is one student in this class that says she sends over 1,000 text messages a day!

    ReplyDelete