Friday, August 21, 2009

My View on Creativity Presentation

I thought the presentation would be boring, but I was wrong. Mr. Robinson kept my attention the entire time. He really made some important statements about our children and their creativity. I felt very strong about the fact that we put so much emphasis on academics, such as Mathematics and English. We are hurting some students by doing this. A child may be lacking in academics, but is strong in other areas. Without being able to show us that side, we casually think they may have some type of problem.
"We are born in creativity and we grow out of it," was a statement made by Mr. Robinson that I will remember for a long time. He also mentioned how art was always at the bottom level of schools. Hearing what Mr. Robinson said has made me stop and think. I would not want my child stigmatized like he mentioned.

1 comment: