Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Search on iPod Instruction

Once again, I am sitting here reading things that leave me in awe. Just when I think things cannot get more advanced in technology, they do. I searched for iPod instruction at Duke University and was surprised at what I found. The university handed out over 1600 iPods to incoming freshmen. The purpose for this was to promote the use of technology for their students.
All in all, the use of the iPod was important in recording. Whether it be the professor that the student was recording, or another student presentation, the largest use was for recordings. I am sure the iPods were used for entertainment, too. Students can download music and games to the iPods. When you think or needing to record in a classroom, you automatically think of having to memorize something. What better class do you need to memorize than a language. The article talked about the students at Yale listening to Spanish on their iPods. Just as with any other language, they had vocabulary and definitions to learn. These were all on the student's iPods. How convenient! They even had exercises to do over the ipod. Also, instead of daily journal writings, they had to enter daily Spanish recordings on their iPods. Course profile: http://cit.duke.edu/ideas/newprofiles/merschel.do

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are learning!

    When the iPod Touch adds a camera I will probably require it for this course.

    ReplyDelete