Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reaction to The Networked Student

Wendy Drexler
I felt this video was very informative. I enjoyed watching the objects being placed on the board and then tossed away when the subject was over. Again, this is how we are suppose to be coming up with an idea for our next project. Am I prepared to teach a network student? At this moment, I would have to say "no." Hopefully by the end of the semester I will be much closer.
Being a student, I am all for virtual textbooks. Students are ripped off when having to purchase books that are not even opened during the semester. What a waste! It is amazing how one person can gain all sorts of information by networking for particular topics. When networking, a student has so much more access to information other than the textbook and school library.
Why does the networking student need a teacher? He needs the guidance, show opportunities, help organize information, and to keep the student motivated. I would like to have a job one day so I hope the students still need teachers.click here to view the website of "The Networked Student"

2 comments:

  1. Well, expect to change careers many times. You may stay in the same "job," but what you do WILL change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! I hate it when teachers ask us to buy a textbook, and then we never use it. It's such a waste of money!
    I'm so glad this class doesn't require a textbook.

    ReplyDelete